Sunday, June 26, 2011

My "new" Linhof

DSC_9732

It's also a tripod.

This was a gift from my friend António Oliveira.


As he told me he saved it from the trash. It belonged to a friend of his that was sending it to the bin.
He took it home and for several times was tempted to send it to the trash, as he had no use for it.
Then we met and when he realised the extension of my crave for senior photo gear asked me if I wanted it.
Thank you António, as you can see it's in good hands.

DSC_9729

Here it is displaying an Agfa Record III, I think they look well together.

What you see hanging in there is the restored original canvas bag of the tripod.

Some details:

DSC_9736

The "aristocratic" pan head.

DSC_9749 DSC_9745

The head seen from bottom and top, 1/4 and 3/8" bushes.

DSC_9734

Detail of the head with the beautiful bubble spirit level.

DSC_9737

The brass and chrome fittings.

DSC_9738

The spiked legs, great for outdoors.

DSC_9726

This is the canvas bag that I restored, the leather bottom and handle where rotting away, so I dismantled the bag and replaced them with new leather, keeping the original canvas.

I combed the web looking for some info about this tripod but haven't found anything.
I would date it late fifties but it's pure speculation, if someone can help with some info, I would appreciate it.

Wishful thinking: I hope my next Linhof will be a camera.
This been said if you have any Linhof  gear in risk of going to the bin ask me before you trash it.

Stay tuned (o;




2 comments:

  1. Parabéns Raúl. Valeu a pena a oferta só para ver este fabuloso trabalho de restauro.
    E pensar que esteve por duas vezes, praticamente no lixo.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ A. Oliveira:
    Guardado está o bocado...

    ReplyDelete