Monday, February 14, 2011

My first Linhof

Linhof Studio Tripod


Linhof Rekord-Rohrstativ, 2 - teilig
Deluxe Studio Tripod, 2 - extensions
SRRZ

It's only a tripod but it's a Linhof.

I think it was built in the 50's or 60's, if someone can precise that info I would appreciate.

Maybe someday I get a Linhof camera to keep it company, in the meantime my Speed Graphic does the honours.

DSC_7808








I really was in need of a sturdy tripod to use with this camera.
I have some other tripods but, when I saw this one I understood that it was the right one.
DSC_7806






























Don't you agree that they go perfectly together?

DSC_7754




























I found it like this in a flea market and bought it, for 12.00€.
Brought it home. It was so dirty and every moving part was stuck out of pure lack of use.






























One afternoon of spit shine and elbow grease and look at it:

DSC_7813



DSC_7811


DSC_7809 (2)




DSC_7814


DSC_7816


DSC_7817


It's beautiful, very small damages to the finish, the original model label, I tried to clean it but I was afraid damage it further, so I stopped, and the seller label also, N.J. Riess, Gilchling - München - Germany.

The head needs a replacement knob, for the rotational movement, and it also needs a set of rubber feet, there was only one left and disintegrating too.
The feet are spiked for outdoor with screw out aluminium cylinders, originally covered with rubber, for indoor use.

My back is complaining but I'm very pleased and I wanted to share it with you before I turn in, that's what I'm going to do, as soon as I publish this.

Stay tuned (o;

8 comments:

  1. They do go perfectly together!

    Where did you find the tripod? Please iluminate us common mortals with access only to ebay...

    :)

    grouchomarx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sérgio Moura:
    Indeed it was.

    @ grouchomarx:
    I found it in a flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Now you're giving me ideas...I need a vintage tripod for my Crown Graphic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aquele logo Linhof... símbolo de realeza!... maravilha!... és um homem de sorte, homónimo!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm listing a vintage Linhof s168 on Ebay tonight, it has all the bells and whistles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ashbury:
    Thanks for the heads-up, I'll take a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought the same tripod off Craigslist for $50 Exact same as yours. The rubber feet are toast too. And also, the plug that goes into the top of the center mount is a tad wobbly. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete