Tuesday, June 21, 2011

#20 Kodak Duaflex

Kodak Duaflex

This is a very battered example of an UK made Duaflex.

It was the first camera that I bought at a flea market. 
At that moment I couldn't imagine how many were waiting for me, in such places.

Kodak Duaflex CLA

It was also my first experience in a full CLA.

I'm sorry for not having taken a before shot, it really looked awful.

Kodak Duaflex                 Kodak Duaflex

Some elbow grease and spit shine later and it became like you can see.

It's only missing the string neck strap and the leather lens/viewfinder cover, something that I'm planing to remedy soon.

This camera was made in England from 1949 to 1951, there was an American counterpart and another model with a viewfinder hood.

This is a very simple pseudo TLR model with a 75 mm Kodet lens, fixed aperture at f15 and fixed focus also, from 1,5 m to infinity.

The shutter, as you can see in the picture of the disassembled camera, is of the least sophisticated kind.
Two positions I (1/30ish) and B, flash synch with a Kodalite flasholder.


The film is the defunct 620 format from kodak. It's usable with re-spooled 120 film. 


Kodak Duaflex

This amazing bubble viewfinder and the shots of my friend Dirk, gave me the idea to use it to make a TTV (Through The Viewfinder) contraption.

Fujak Fineflex

I want to call your special attention to the high-tech corks. 
Absolutely essential to maintain the lens position and focus.

I call this contraption Fujak Fineflex.

Some results of the Duaflex, in stand alone mode, with Ilford FP4 125 ISO

It looks tired

São João

Beetle

and in the Fujak Fineflex mode:

Watch repairer at the flea market

When you have to go, you have to go!

Geppetto

Stay tuned (o;







7 comments:

  1. "high tech corks" lol, magnífica cámara, me atraen mucho ese tipo de pseudo-tlr, como esta o la brownie, aunque te confieso que me ha sorprendido la calidad de las fotos. enhorabuena por la cámara y el artículo... un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. me has enviciado... acabo de adquirir una Kodak Brownie Bull´s Eye...una preciosidad que ya tengo ganas de probar.

    un fuerte abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to see you're a true collector, also posting images of less than perfect looking cameras and presenting them professionally!
    Keep this going Raúl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a couple of Duaflex cameras, I don't think mine are quite this old. Pretty fun to play around with. Anyhow, just found your blog on a link from your flickr stream, loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Raul. I want to thank You. This post is really interesting. I have the same camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative and great effort by you to rejuvenate camera and put it on the internet. Keep up the good work as it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete